11. Larger appliances make excellent packing cases for blankets, towels, tablecloths and clothes.
12. Shovels, hoes, rakes and hoses can be stored together in empty trash cans. Stack extra cans inside one another.
13. Tables having removable legs should be “broken down” to save space.
14. Sofas and love seats can be stored on their ends to save floor space. Always place a protective cover under the item on the concrete. Cushions should be wrapped in plastic and placed on top.
15. Cover stuffed furniture with cardboard or blankets to protect against dust.
16. If you stand mattresses on their side, “prop” them up so they stand straight. Otherwise they may tend to bend out of shape and become lumpy.
17. Rent the smallest amount of space you need and packed the space full.
18. Prepare your space by placing a protective cover on the floor under your goods.
19. Do not place heavy or sharp objects on top of upholstered furniture.
20. Use a good quality lock on your door. Cheap locks rust and do not provide good security.